Monday, July 13, 2015

Mt. St. Helen's Pancakes

Here is one for the siblings–one of our childhood breakfast recipes, named by our mother for the 1981 erupting volcano because of it’s puffiness.  It’s not quite a dutch baby or a German pancake, and is definitely different than the Blueberry Pear Oven Pancake I’ve previously posted…more buttery, no fruit and usually served with maple syrup.  It’s super quick and easy, and is more of a weekday affair than a company brunch recipe.Here is one for the siblings–one of our childhood breakfast recipes, named by our mother for the 1981 erupting volcano because of it’s puffiness.  It’s not quite a dutch baby or a German pancake, and is definitely different than the Blueberry Pear Oven Pancake I’ve previously posted…more buttery, no fruit and usually served with maple syrup.  It’s super quick and easy, and is more of a weekday affair than a company brunch recipe.
I’m back from another posting hiatus–this one due primarily to the three month hyperemesis gravidarum apocalypse that was my first/second trimester.  But I’ve been feeling great for the past month or two, and still found myself with barriers to posting.  So I’ve also decided to try taking photos on my phone, since borrowing the fancy camera and editing in LightRoom has proved too be too much of a barrier.   The phone really limits my ability to edit and crop properly, hence the wonky cropping in the above two.  Not quite up to my standard perhaps, but probably better than not posting at all… I’ll keep experimenting with photo editing apps, but in the meantime…
Mount Saint Helen’s Pancake
One of my mother’s recipes
Makes 9x 13 pan, serves 4-6 depending on appetite
4-5 eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Whisk all ingredients together, pour batter into a 9 x13 pan.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Serves hot with maple syrup.  You can cut the recipe in half ( use either 2 -3 eggs instead) and bake for the same amount of time, at the same temperature in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment